First aid kit
The first aid kit is an instrument that should never be missed in the work centers since it is an element that allows medical emergencies to be attended at any time, be they injuries and common emergencies that may occur with reason or in the exercise of work. Read ahead for first aid pouch for safety of forestry workers. For such effects, it is important to follow the recommendations issued by the authority, such as: be marked, in an easily accessible place, containing medicines and healing materials according to the activities or risk factors to which it is exposed, periodically check that it is not outdated and incomplete.
Obligations: the employer is responsible for the work center having the first aid kit, after a risk analysis to which the workers are exposed, and that it must be complemented according to the doctor’s criteria, and will be in charge of the preventive services of safety and health at work and in other cases of the first aid brigade. This means that they should have the first aid pouch for safety of forestry workers.
What must be in first aid pouch for safety of forestry workers?
Features of the kit: be easy to access and transport; be located in a visible place; be signaled; avoid having locks; that has the healing materials and a list of them and be subject to a continuous review to remove and replace the healing material; identifiable with a red cross; must be permanently with the instructions of the first aid kit or manual of use, the list of medicines and materials with their doses and contraindications.
Obviously, the assistance that requires an injury caused by a high power saw is radically different from that required by the inhalation of a chemical. From the perspective of first aid, a severe thigh injury that occurs near a hospital equipped with a surgical service requires little more than adequate transportation. If the same injury occurs in a rural area located eight hours from the nearest medical service, first aid would include, among other things, debridement, ligation of bleeding vessels and administration of antitetanus immunoglobulin and antibiotics.
The concept of first aid is flexible, not only as to what should be done (for how long, with what degree of complexity), but also as to who should do it. Although it is necessary to act with great care, every worker can know the five or ten fundamental rules on what should and should not be done in terms of first aid. In some situations, immediate action can save a person’s life, limb or sight. The co-workers of the victims should not remain paralyzed while waiting for the arrival of specialized personnel. On the other hand, the list of the “ten fundamental measures” will be different in each workplace and must be accompanied by the corresponding training.
Basic requirements of first aid pouch for safety of forestry workers
First aid pouch for safety of forestry workers must be considered as part of good management and safety at work. The experience of countries in which first aid is fully established indicates that the most appropriate way to ensure its effectiveness is that legislation considers it mandatory. In countries that have adopted this criterion, the main requirements are established in specific legislation, or in most cases, in national labor codes or similar regulatory provisions. In these cases, the complementary regulations contain more detailed provisions. In most cases, the overall responsibility of the company with respect to the provision and organization of first aid is contained in the basic legislation. The basic elements of a first aid program are the following:
- Equipment, material, and facilities
- Equipment for the rescue of the victim at the accident site in order to prevent further injuries of people working in the forest.
- First-aid kits, first-aid kits or similar equipment, with a sufficient quantity of the material and instruments necessary for the provision of basic first aid;
- Specialized equipment and material that may be needed in companies with specific or unusual risks at work;
- First-aid room properly identified or similar facility in which first aid may be administered;
- Provision of means of evacuation and emergency transport of the wounded to the first aid service or places where complementary medical assistance is available; means to raise the alarm and communicate the alert situation.
Because it is better to be prepared and to protect our people from an accident or eventuality, we tell you what a first-aid kit for the home should have. A fall, a blow or a burn are common events that can threaten our well-being and that of our family inside the home. And although these accidents cannot be predicted, first aid pouch for safety of forestry workers can treat them from home when they are not more serious. To be prepared, we tell you what a homemade first aid kit should have. The first aid is the immediate assistance provided to victims of accidents before the arrival of specialized medical personnel. Its objective is to stop and, if possible, reverse the damage caused.
They consist of a series of quick and simple measures, such as freeing the airway, applying pressure on bleeding wounds or washing chemical burns located on the eyes or on the skin. The main factors that define the first aid services of a workplace are the specific risks of the activity and the availability of definitive medical assistance.
What should a home medicine kit have?
- Scissors: to cut ribbons, gauze or clothes.
- Gauze and bandages to clean wounds or stop a hemorrhage.
- Band-aids: to cover wounds caused by an accident.
- Plaster: to hold and fix bandages.
- Tweezers: To hold gauze and bandages without contaminating them.
- Latex gloves: It helps to avoid infections when having contact with the affected person.
- Alcohol: to disinfect wounds and wash implements.
- Thermometer: To take the temperature of the injured
- Acetaminophen: To treat pain.
- Soap: It serves to disinfect and sanitize the wounds caused by the accident.
- Oral serum: To treat a person with symptoms of dehydration.