Badminton coach has important role in the career and life of each player. They have presence and influence which is powerful and this is why young player or people who want to become professional in the game, they look for a coach for his guidance.
Players who are trained by a couch, they show better performance at international level since they are taught new training methods. These new technique makes a big difference in the game.
For a player who wants to take his game to another level, he should be willing to take the game to a new level with the help of a coach. A coach teaches the player how to work on his quickness, fitness and strength. They work on his stroke production and executing of the shot sequences in order to set up some points. You cannot be successful if you do not pay attention to the physical part of your life. The hard work is important if you want to succeed at the court and if you fail with it, then you will be lost in the game.
Many badminton players do not pay too much attention on the couch and when they start playing, they only hope that they will level up their game and they will win. The coach will give you a chance of believing in yourself and to have the self confidence of playing the game even under the pressure. You will be sure to handles self doubts and negativity.
When it comes to deciding about a coach, you have to keep the following in your mind:
- Every coach or student will be different according to their learning and teaching styles. So you should not base your choice on just one simple student since a good coach for another student may not be the best for you.
- Learning will depend on your motivations: if you have well focused attitude in the lesson, then you will also succeed.
- Make sure that you take notes during the coaching and go back on them when you are alone. You can also view the videos on how to use racquet techniques online which can be helpful.
- To become a good player, you should train frequently. Once each week is something ok but training two times every week can help to see improvement.
- You should not base yourself on the short term benefits since it can take a year or even more. The problem is if you do not try to unlearn the bad habits.
- Set a certain target so that the coach can work with you to achieve it. Saying that you want to improve only is a vague answer and the coach can think that 5 percent improvement is what you want. But if you tell him you want to become a winner of a tournament or to get A grade, then he will be seriously to teach you.
- Show the badminton coach that you are serious in learning and he will be serious in teaching you.